|Type of Object||Pin|
GFWC War Service pin with GFWC emblem
Pin is encased in a white plastic envelope with snap closure, inside reads: The C G Braxmar Co., Inc. / Migs Fraternal Jewelry / 242 W. 55th St. N.Y.C.
In May 1942 the GFWC Board of Directors authorized the Executive Committee to issue a War Service pin which could be purchased by clubs, districts, and states and awarded to individuals for services rendered in the 14-point War Service program. The 14-point War Service Program was designed during the administration of GFWC President Sarah Whitehurst (1941-1944) and consisted of work in the following departments: agriculture, Americanization, aviation, conservation, consumer problems, housing, industry, library, nursing, nutrition, organization, recreation, registration, and U.S. bonds and stamps.
Whitehurst, Sara Anderson
|Source||General Federation of Women's Clubs|
GFWC International President