|Catalog Number||CP KS 006|
|Collection||Clubhouse Photograph Collection|
|Title||Canton Literary Study Club, Canton, Kan.|
Exterior of the Canton Carnegie Library of Canton, Kansas. The Canton Literary Study Club of Canton, Kansas is credited with helping to create and fund the library.
The library was constructed in July 1921 and designed by architectural firm of Washburn & Stookey, of Ottawa. The club donated its library and furnishings to the new library, which opened on 1October 1921. The library was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
|Notes||Back of image reads: Canton Carnegie Library. The C.L.S.C. [Canton Literary Study Club] made this building possible through the Carnegie - was last cash granted before Mr. C-[Carnegie] died. The C.L.S.C. shares with the Township Board the maintenance of the Library and our meetings are there too.|
(KS) Canton Literary Study Club
National Register of Historic Places