|Catalog Number||CP TX 002|
|Collection||Clubhouse Photograph Collection|
|Title||Albany Study Club, Texas|
Exterior and interior views of the clubhouse of the Albany Study Club, North Main Street, Albany, Texas.
The oldest frame structure on Albany's Main Street, the building was constructed about 1878 as a feed warehouse. A variety of businesses used the building over the years, until the Albany Study Club purchased it in 1973. At that time, it was known as the Pioneer Store. The building is located in the Shackelford County Courthouse Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Photographs and building history submitted as part of the GFWC Historic Clubhouse Survey, 2003-2004.
Additional interior views and building history in file.
|Source||(TX) Albany Study Club|
(TX) Albany Study Club
Historic Clubhouse Survey
National Register of Historic Places