|Catalog Number||CP MN 002|
|Collection||Clubhouse Photograph Collection|
|Title||Fifth District of the Minnesota Federation of Women's Clubs, Minneapolis, Minn.|
Exterior of the clubhouse of the Fifth District of the Minnesota Federation of Women's Clubs, located on 1630 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The clubhouse was built as part of the Better Homes in America Movement, which began in 1922. The building was dedicated in 1926 to Alice Ames Winter from Minneapolis, Minnesota, who served as GFWC President from 1920-1924, and initiated the purchase of GFWC Headquarters in Washington, D.C. in 1922.
|Notes||Image clipped from the cover of the GFWC Clubwoman magazine, July 1950. Brief history clipped from magazine adhered to the page.|
Winter, Alice Ames
(MN) Fifth District of the Minnesota Federation of Women's Clubs
(MN) State Federation
Better Homes in America Movement